Tuesday, September 17, 2013

My Mama's Birthday Cupcake.

Hello friends!

My Mama just turned 65, just two days ago.
(For those of you that are friends with me must have seen my her pic I posted ;) )

She's a special woman -
beautiful inside and out,
and with her positive energy, humorous, and thoughtful personality -
she can pretty much light up any room she's in.
I just love her.

So, to commemorate her day,
I made a paper cupcake for her as part of her gift -
and I wanted to share that with you today!

 photo DSC_2604_zps3a73a034.jpg
She loved it.

With this project, I used the Birthday Jubilee sentiment kit.
(By the way - did you know that Unity releases a new sentiment kit EVERY month,
and they are all SO amazing?
The current one is a Halloween one, 
and am currently waiting for that one to come in the mail!)

The papers are from October Afternoon's Woodland Park collection -
it's so beautiful!

 photo DSC_2605_zps126ce421.jpg
Here's a side view!

I didn't really do anything 'special' with the stamps here - 
but just LOVE to used them with my papercraft projects, too!

For those who have cutting machines and are interested,
the cupcake and the flower files are from HERE.
 the candle is from HERE.
the plate is from HERE.
the spoon is from HERE.

 photo DSC_2607_zps23a69ab2.jpg

So, I asked her what she wanted to have for her birthday...
and this is what she said.
(yep - found pretty much the 'quote' of exactly what she told me!)


 photo birthday_zpsf8817732.jpg

Just love this quote!

So, we all took her out for a nice family dinner that night,
and treated her to a special drink :)
(Of course, I'm getting her a present, too!)

Here's a pic of us from that night - 
(my mama is on the left and I'm in the middle)
 photo birthdaypic_zpsaf2e033a.png


Oh, do we ever have so much fun together!

Hope that you enjoyed my little post today -
have yourself a beautiful day!


7 comments:

  1. Love your cupcake! So sweet that you have such an awesome relationship with your Mom. I hope she had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful project, and a beautiful family....your Mom does NOT look 65...wow...she looks wonderful...happy birthday to her!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cupcake is gorgeous! I can see why she loved it :) That is so wonderful that you two have such a great relationship! I can tell in the family picture how much fun you all have when you get together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed my visit with you!! I ♥ your creativity.

    I just had to "follow" you so not to miss anything! It would make me so happy if you would follow me too. :)

    Have a beautiful week!

    Lots of BIG Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow..wow...and wow how adoreable that cupcake is Thienly..LOOOOVE IT..oh my your mum is going to treasure it for sure!!
    Big hugs
    Tracy
    Xxxc

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such sweet ideas! You so make me want to get a cutting machine that can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cool project! I love it and the colors and patterns you used - you have such a knack for knowing what goes well together (and I love that you used Woodland Park!)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails