Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Susan Weckesser + Helmar + Unity = LOVE

Over at the Unity Stamp Company's blog - we've been celebrating the release of Susan Weckesser stamps with the Helmar team.  These stamps are amazing - if you haven't seen them yet - do go check it out!

With the stamps that I got a chance to play with, I was inspired to try MIXED MEDIA for the first time! I've been very interested in this form of art, had purchased some acrylics, canvas board, brushes, Helmar decoupage... but was too intimidated to try it. 

I know it's not perfect, but everyone starts from beginning some time, and for the first time, I was happy with it. :)  (I did learn A LOT actually doing it, rather than staring at my art supplies!) It was fun, and I'd definitely try it again!


Photobucket

Fun, right? For those that haven't done it before, go try it out! It's different from pure paper crafting, and it feels fresh to do something different!

And... for those that are mixed media pros - don't laugh at me! :)

Photobucket

LOVE these banner stamps! They are HUGE and you can really do amazing stuff with it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

The house is super cute, isn't it? I used my Staz-on ink and stamped it on various colored cardstock, and paper pierced it together.

I wanted fence around the house, so I just drew with my marker and cut it out. The neat thing about mixed media is that you don't have to be perfect - if you mess up, you can go over again with another colored paint, you can layer on top of each other until you're satisfied, and the lines don't need to be perfect.

Photobucket

The birdie was cut out from new Susan Weckesser papers, so it was instant embellishment!

So everything - all the stamp cut-outs to the papers that I used for the canvas page was adhered using Helmar decoupage.  It's a fabulous product!

The fabulous stamp sets that I used in my project are:






(I used this with white acrylic paint to add texture to the canvas)

You can check out all the rest of her amazing stamps here.

AND... all of them are 35% off until the end of this hop - AUGUST 4.


That's it! 

This was something different from my usual - but I hope that you enjoyed my project :)
Thanks for stopping by!

Oh, and be sure to stop by Unity's blog and comment everyday on the Susan Weckesser/Helmar/Unity Blog Hop to win! They will be giving out a set of stamps for EVERY DAY of the hop! 

7 comments:

  1. Thienly, I left a bit of love on the Unity Blog, but just had a feeling you would have some close ups to view...love, love, love this canvas. You attention to the "small" details is mesmerizing. I hope to keep being inspired by your creations so that I may get to work a bit more on mixed media myself one day! What suggestion would you offer to use as a "white-wash" if I don't have gesso?
    :O)
    Jessica S

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you've opened a whole new crafty door.. This is amazing! Would love to see many more MM designs from ya, just too cool girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is totally amazing! Especially if it is your first time doing something with mixed media. Thanks for sharing your creation. Now I'm off to try my hand at some mixed media. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe this is your first time at Mixed Media! You ROCKED it!! Simply fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thienly, this is just AMAZING! OMG! You definitely have a knack for multi media, but I'm really not surprised! I LOVE THIS! I'm just trying to get into mixed media myself. Never ever thought I would. Always thought, "Eh, not my style", but I think I'm ready to challenge myself with something new and seemingly difficult (for me). Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails