Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Doggie House Gift Box - SVG Cuts DT Project

Hello everyone and hello summer! Seems like summer finally has hit Calgary and it has come hard.  Now, I totally understand the rest of you that has been complaining about the heat for the past couple of months! It is SO hard to get motivated to do anything when my body is just trying hard enough to cool itself down.

Oh, and I'm counting down...  6 more days until I see Tamara from Happy Life, Crafty Wife & Paper Play Studio and 8 more days til I see Leo and Mary!

Anyway, today - I'm excited to share with you my next SVG Cuts.  This is different from the rest of the projects that I've done, in the sense that I didn't really do all that much to alter the files.  That should be a relief for most of you! This project is super simple and I think it's really cute!

I don't actually have a dog myself, but my parents had a dog (which passed away a couple of years ago) - so I totally know how they can be so lovable and be so part of your family.  Even if you don't have a dog - kids will work.  My daughter loved it, and brought it upstairs into their bedroom to place it next to her dollhouse! lol...

I took one of the Gingerbread Chalet Houses from this kit, and basically, instead of Christmas - made it a doghouse!


Photobucket

Super cute, right? I have to say that my favorite part about this project is the newspaper sitting in front of the doghouse!

I think the embossed roof shingles really makes the project so special, too!

Photobucket

Okay, I have to warn you here... there's NOT so much going all around the house, but it's those special little additions that adds warmth and creativity to the project, I think :)

Photobucket

So, here's the first side... I deleted the window from the original file, and instead covered all around the house with pleated grass from here. Do you spy something round and yellow? Yup, it's a ball that he played with before he got tired.

Photobucket

Here, I did add in a window (doggies need light, too)... and oh! He forgot his teddy here!

Photobucket

Oh, this is the yucky side... smelly sneakers and chewed up toy!

So, the cool thing about this file is that the whole roof lifts off! It can be a gift box, or even a little box to hold all your doggie's keepsakes! :)

Photobucket

These are real doggie treats! (I had to go bug my neighbor that I needed 'props' for my photoshoot! Thanks neighbor :) )

I hope you like this project! If you are interested in making this, here are the major kits/collections that is necessary!


Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket

As you can see, they offer various breeds of dogs, so you can totally customize it to your pet! Even add in your pet's name on the bone!

For instructions and dimensions for this project - please see SVG Cuts' blog.

That's it! Hope you liked my project and thanks for stopping by! :)


5 comments:

  1. You rock Thienly! This is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it! Especially the Beagle you used- my guy is at least half of one... lol I'll have to see if I have these kits! My sister is visiting for 2 weeks starting next week and we are going to get our craft on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every tiny detail is so right. I love it ! Hope I can make one of these for my Bella Rose one day. Hugs, Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lorna (for Harley)July 11, 2012 at 7:00 PM

    I just showed this to hubby and he says "That is Dear !" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you amaze me!! I love this!! I like what your daughter did with it!! Xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails