Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Mother's Day Printer's Tray - SVG Cuts DT Project.

Hello everyone!

I'm SO excited to share my next SVG Cuts project with you all!

I made this project a while back, way before there was the Curio box file (Attic Treasures SVG Kit).  Printer Tray/Shadowbox is totally popular right now, and I thought that it would be so cool to make one out from SVG Cuts files... I thought about what files would work, and of course, it's that good old Classic Christmas Advent Calendar SVG kit! I took a portion of the calendar, altered the box sizes a bit, and changed the depth... and voila! I had a printer's tray - in paper! Yay!

I decided to make the theme of the tray into something that you can give as a Mother's Day gift, but really, you can use this for anything! It's probably cutting it too close for Mother's Day, but wouldn't it be perfect project to work on for Father's Day? It's the perfect tray to add some little keepsakes in and to display some photos that you love. The good thing about doing it this way, rather than simply using the Curio Box above, is that you can customize where you would like the boxes to go, the size of it and the depth of it. It's all up to you!

Anyway, here's my project!

Photobucket

I fell in love with this project while I was making it, and rather than waiting to give to mom this weekend, I couldn't wait - I just had to give it to her as soon as it was done! Of course, she loved it, and is now proudly hanging in her craft room.

Photobucket

I just love this silhouette of the mother and a child. So perfectly beautiful!

Photobucket

In each of the compartments, I tried to summarize all the lovely things that moms like to do and do for us...

Photobucket

This compartment describes my mom the best - she loves sewing!

Photobucket

I love this one... a woman becomes a mother with the arrival of a baby... :) Awww....

...and a view from the top. Photobucket

So, in order to create this tray, I had to create a 'face' for the tray.

Photobucket


However, I didn't want to put you through all the work to make this, so I have this file available for you to download through here.

SVG Cuts' Collections used:
(I just want to warn you - don't be turned away by the number of collections that I used.  All you need is the Classic Christmas Advent Calendar SVG Kit to make the tray - everything else is up to you in how you want to customize the tray!)

Classic Christmas Advent Calendar SVG Kit
Kate's Silhouettes SVG Collection
Crush on You Boxes SVG Kit
Doilies SVG Collection
Amelie's Accessories SVG Kit
Chamomile Friendship Cards SVG Kit
Antique Skeleton Keys SVG Collection
Townhouse Windows SVG Collection
Crafty Mice SVG Collection
Celeste's Cutesy Corners SVG Collection
Sew Crafty SVG Kit
An Afternoon at Auntie Elaine's SVG Collection
Iris Fold Cards SVG Kit

Supplies Needed:

American Crafts Cardstock (white)
Patterned Papers (I used My Mind’s Eye: Stella & Rose and Miss Caroline collections)
Eyelets
Twine
Crinkled Ribbons
Lace
Buttons
Pearls
Mini Pearl Strand (purse handle)
Pins
Knobs
Stamps (Unity Stamp Company, Martha Stewart and Basic Grey)
Ink (for stamps and distressing)
Scotch Quick-dry Glue
Heat Glue Gun
Foam Tape

Hope that you liked my project! Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails