Monday, July 25, 2011

Last Paper Dolls Challenge... Swirl flowers project - Altered Clipboard.

This post is going to be a little emotional one for me...  It was only a couple of months ago that my friend Tamara (Happy Life, Crafty Wife) and I have decided to open this new challenge blog together.  We were sooo excited and had tremendous interest and support.  However, as you have probably seen on the Paper Dolls blog announcement, we have decided to shut down this blog as of this Friday.  There are still going to be two featured artists, so please still go check them out this week!  Sorry about the sudden announcement, but little did we know how managing two blogs and each of us having 3 kids would be soo much on us.  So, therefore, this is the final challenge...

(Also, I have left on a vacation this morning - I'm probably on a road somewhere between Calgary and Spokane as you read this...  we are headed to Seattle and Vancouver, so I'll be gone til Aug 5th!)

Well, I'm excited to that I was able to work on another pretty flower project - but this time with swirl flowers!  The files were provided by Cindy from Creative Pointe, and honestly, I have never made a swirl flowers so I was anxious to try them out!

I wanted to do something different this time - and decided to try an altered project!  I decided to make a clipboard with a calendar where you can mark important dates.  I took a chipboard clipboard and decorated with her swirl flowers, and embellished it with cut out butterflies, pearl heart pin, doilies, lace and a butterfly button.  The background paper is Portrait Collection from Crate Paper, and I used Distrezz-it-all to distress the edges to make it a vintage look.  I inked some edges too.

Photobucket

What do you think?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Anyway, it's not really a hard project, but I've never done this sort of thing and was a little anxious to see how it was going to turnout, but I think that it turned out pretty and I may actually use it!

Back to the Distrezz-it-all...  no pressure, but this is one amazing machine!  It can distress in a matter of seconds to give it a vintage look.  It's a little scary - make sure you tuck them away when not in use - but definitely a worthwhile tool to have!

So...  head on back to the Paper Dolls blog (actually - the challenge will be hosted by Happy Life, Crafty Wife), download your free challenge freebie and get busy :)  I would LOVE to see a great turnout for the last challenge, and there's 4 prizes to be given away!  The prizes for this week are FABULOUS!  It's worth it to do well!

Happy crafting everyone!  Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails