Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Just feeling simple....

It's was another one of those days, where I didn't want to pull out the Cricut and load the mats... Sometimes I don't like listening to the sound of the machine cutting and loading and beeping at me..  I wonder if it's just me, or if anyone else goes through this! LOL!

Anyway, I had this super pretty paper from Echo Park - Sweet Summertime pinwheel paper and I decided to just make simple pinwheels by cutting an inch square from double sided cardstock, and cutting 4 diagonal slits in it, fold the flaps and glue it down and adding a button on top.  Super easy, and that's right - no Cricut involved.  But I love how pretty and cheerful these cards came out.

The "may your dreams come true" stamp is from ditto G, and "congrats, you did it!" is from Papertrey ink.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sorry this post is short, but it's getting really late and I still have to make my hubby and my kids' lunch! I've got to set my priorites straight...

Anyway, one more thing I made yesterday is a diaper card - a super cute template I found at My Grafico Sweet Baby SVG.  I just matched the diaper with the gift that I was giving to a friend that just had a baby, and I love how it turned out!

Photobucket


Oh, and one more thing... the official announcement for the new SVGCuts DT members were announced yesterday.  I would like to congratulate Kristin and Fleurette.  They are both amazing, and very talented artists.  I remember both of them making their debut at SVGCuts, and I was super impressed.  I can't wait to see what beautiful things these girls are going to create!

2 comments:

  1. Love both your creations......the diaper card is just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful projects. The pinwheels you made without a Cricut are impressive and love the paper you used! The diaper is so adorable too! I love how you used paper punches to embellish. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails