Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I'm home!!!! Missed me?!?!

Wow - I've been away from home for 13 days, but felt like I was gone for a month!  Considering we had 3 young kids with us, we cleared everything that we wanted to see and do, and more!  I can't believe that we fit all the major attractions - 3 days of Disneyland, Universal Studios, Legoland, Wildlife Safari, Sea World into this trip, and still had time to check out Santa Monica, Hollywood, the outlet, the beach, the malls and trip to JoAnns :) It was an amazing vacation - and the weather was wonderful for the most part.  Here's a pic of my three kiddos at the San Diego La Jolla beach.



I had the pleasure of meeting Xochitl Rico (Cricut Critter blog) in Anaheim for a drink after we put our kids down. Coincidentally, we were both staying at the same hotel so it worked out really well!  We got to know each other better (share our holiday experiences) and it was great to have some "crafty" talk with someone after being deprived of creativity for a week.  She is very friendly and extremely easy to get along with.  Thanks for a great time, Xochitl (and thank you for the drink)!


One of my highlight of my trip was meeting Belinda Brown (Bee's Hive O'Drama blog) in California Adventure.  We've never met, but she pulled her two kids out of school and dragged her husband on his day off to drive two hours to see us.  We were both leary of how it may go - I mean, we've only chatted online - never actually talked to each other until we met!  She made a joke about how I could've been a 78 year old woman!  Anyway, we (and our families) hitted off really well immediately - and instead of just having lunch and a couple of rides together like we had planned, we spent the whole day together.  It was such a magical experience in the happiest place on earth :)  Thanks Bee and I miss you and your family already!

Anyway, enough about my trip!

On my next post, I'm going to show you all the crafting loot that I brought home!!! (I just need to take some pics :))

4 comments:

  1. Aww, man! You were right in my backyard and I didn't even stalk you. I mean, contact you. I live in Orange County, about 20 min from DLand! And I'm from SD originally. How fun that you got to meet up with Belinda! She's a hoot, glad your two families had fun. Isn't it nice to be home though?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really was magical! My kids are so attached to yours already...you really deserve a webcam now. I know our kids would have a blast talking to each other! I would probably have to kick them off to get a chance to get to talk to YOU! You have such a beautiful family, all of them, including your MOM and Dad. You didn't mention how she made a beautiful purse for me(shining my nails because I'm special)! My post is coming, I just had to calm down, I was so sad to leave you all, but I think the Yanks will ascend to Calgary in the near future, definately! LOVE YOU ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a great trip, and so jealous I couldn't be there and meet you and my evil twin at the same time... :-( one day... one day... I swear we will go at CHA all together!... ;-) I am so looking forward to seeing all your cool new toys and stuff! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a fun getaway - how cool you got to meet your online friends - I see you and Xochitl are having a cocktail - how fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails