Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Autumn Wreath.

It's hard to believe that in a couple of weeks the kids will be back in school again.  With our house renos (we are madly painting every evening now after kids go to sleep), we haven't been able to really get away anywhere this summer, and it's sad to think that end of summer is just around the corner. 

For my next project, I wanted to create something for the home using wonderful autumn files from SVG Cuts.  I decided that I needed a welcoming wreath for our door when we move back into our home next month.  So, that is what I did. 

Click here, for a detailed instruction on the SVG Cuts blog page.

I cut up all the pieces and glued it onto a 18" wreath purchased from Michaels.

Here are some shots I took of the completed project:










9 comments:

  1. Beautiful wreath!!! Love the colors and so much detail!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous! So much depth and attention to details! And beautiful colors as always. Love the little wheelbarrow full of pears... ;-) This is too beautiful to leave outside where it will be ruined in no time!... (on the opther hand it'll give you an excuse to make another one, LOL) Is there some kind of spray you can use to protect it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! It was so fun to make! I have a glass window storm door, and it'll be kept behind there, so should be protected from the rain! With the protection spray though - I was wondering the same thing. I seem to recall seeing something at Michaels... have to go back and check. Does anyone know about a protection spray?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thienly you are an over achiever! But don't stop...I can't say if this is the most intricate work yet, but I've just had to scrape my jaw off the floor, so I hope your happy.
    LOL! I see my doppelganger is now following you too, she and I were separated at birth I think, we both have great taste:o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thienly
    Lovely wreath. I have just become a follower of yours. I love the SVG cuts and Leo and staff have been so very helpful to me.
    You do gorgeous work.
    p.s. I live in Calgary too.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  6. breathtaking! stunning!! jaw dropping!!! i love it!!!the colours do reflect the autumn that calgary experiences no brillant reds or burgundy...lots od yellow and green. i know, i lived in calgary for 15 years. i became a follower today as i do not want to miss another of your creations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful wreath. Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the wreath. So nice, it will look nice on your door.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Thienly,

    What a gorgeous wreath! I just found your blog. You do great work!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails