Saturday, May 15, 2010

My paper doll family.

Two of my favorite (okay, I admit, I have many favorites) Cricut cartridges are Paper Doll Dress Up and Everyday Paper dolls. The little dolls are so cute, and each cartridge have so many extra files that are so versatile.

I thought, how cute would this be to make my family out of it! So, that's exactly what I did. I cut 5 dolls, ranging in sizes from 2.5" to 4.25", and I personalized them with clothes that they are likely to wear, added bottle to my girl, blanket and truck to my three year old, put glasses on for daddy, and added my diaper bag over my shoulders. I find that using beads and brads are great for "buttons." These dolls were then adhered inside a shadow box frame.

Here's my completed work:



Judging from how many comments I received on this, I would think that this would make a great gift for a family!

3 comments:

  1. Hehe...that is just too stinkin' cute! I made some paper dolls of my sons, but I never thought of adding myself! What a great idea! TFS! Kimmy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is adorable!! I think I might become addicted to your blog! LOL Nothing like a beautiful papercraft project to uplift my mood! :-)
    I have those 2 cartridges and I LOVE them too. I would love to make our little family like that too!! :-D
    So far I only made projects for my son's school with them: http://dare2beecreative.blogspot.com/2010/03/school-projects-with-cricut.html/
    (I hope the link works this time, it didn't work before that's why I erased my comment)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails